Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Yunnan banana production areas produce less every year"
"Banana leaf yellowing disease is also called banana leaf withering disease. It is a banana disease from Panama. It is the most severe and most destructive disease in banana production areas in China. The disease can be caused by a combination of high temperatures, lots of rainfall, acid soil, low fertility, and poor water drainage. The banana production in Yunnan has decreased year after year as a result of plant disease." This is according to Mr. Yao Yuanchao, a Yunnan banana planter and retail trader.
"While the banana production in Yunnan is decreasing, the banana production in Guangdong, Guangxi, and Hainan continues to grow. This is the moment when major production areas bring their banana harvest to the market, but the market conditions are not great."
"The market conditions are intimately connected to supply and demand relations. Another influence comes from imported bananas. Imported bananas compete with domestic production, even though the price of these bananas is generally 50% higher than the price of domestic bananas."
Yunnan banana planter and retail trader
Telephone number: +86 182 8800 9962
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: