Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Promoting Kyoto’s culture, agriculture and cuisine
Vegetables from Kyoto served at VaticanEarlier this week, vegetables grown in Kyoto were served at a banquet held in the Vatican Museums. They were served to some 300 guests, including cardinals and ambassadors, to promote Japanese dishes.
Dishes using ingredients such as Kujo-Negi scallion, Kamo-Nasu eggplant and Manganji-Togarashi pepper prepared by Yoji Satake, lead chef at the 300-year-old Kyoto cuisine restaurant Takeshigero, were served at the event organized by the Kyoto unit of the Japan Agricultural Cooperatives group.
English.kyodonews.net quoted JA Group Kyoto Chairman Yasuhiro Nakagawa as saying: "We've brought traditional Kyo-yasai (Kyoto vegetables), which were grown with great care. We will promote the culture, agriculture and cuisine of Kyoto.”
The group has hosted similar banquets featuring Kyoto vegetables at famous sites around the world including the Palace of Versailles in the suburbs of Paris and the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, Turkey.
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: