Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mediterranean collaboration and branding is the way forward'One man's loss is another man's gain', could be a good way to describe the start of this year's Greek fruit season. Losses and delays for Italy and Spain, created good pricing and demand for Greek producers of kiwis, stone fruits and apples.
"We had an earlier season this year, after warmer weather pushed up the harvest dates, which has been great for producers here. It was really crazy, because at one point we even had Italians asking us for apples, something unheard of before. This is one of the reasons why we believe in Mediterranean collaboration. We can help each other, filling the gaps in each others supply when possible," shared Thomas Moulias, Import Export Manager for Nikolitsas.
"It's important to take your time when looking for partners. For our company, it's not about making a quick profit, it is about having a long term partnership with the right people and creating a strong network. Quality and safety is key and we are always on the lookout for new innovative products and looking for new varieties for our apples or pears."
Nikolitsas SA has been building it's own brand for the last couple of years called Froots Hellas. Only the best quality fruits carry the Froots stickers and branding and Moulias said that the brand is recognised by his customers for quality.
"An important part of branding is packaging, and that is something that we do in-house. This serves two purposes, the first is the marketing, but the second, which is perhaps most important, is that this gives us more control over the quality standards from our brand. We are the ones setting the bar for which fruits are high enough quality to be labeled with a Froots sticker and from there on, we also deliver directly to the end customer," stressed Moulias.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: