Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cabbage prices continue to fall in Ukraine
The last week of April brought a downward trend in the price of white cabbage on the Ukrainian wholesale market. Prices started to fall at the start of the second half of April and there are many indications that nothing will change in this respect in early May.
The main driving force behind the fall in Ukrainian cabbage prices is the weaker demand, which is forcing producers to sell for cheaper prices, as the quality of the produce in stock deteriorates quickly. Furthermore, in the southern part of the country, in Transcarpathia, the supply of young cabbage has grown very fast.
As a result of all this, the price of white cabbage in the Ukrainian wholesale market has fallen to between 4 and 5 hryvnia per kilo (between 0.13 and 0.16 Euro per kilo). Meanwhile, the prices of young cabbage in the south of the country have also fallen and oscillate between 13 and 17 hryvnia per kg (between 0.41 and 0.54 Euro).
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: