Job offersmore »
- Greenhouse Grower Manager - Bermuda
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Big Basket will boost producers in Indian north-eastern statesE-commerce start-up Big Basket will soon start the procurement of fruits and vegetables from Northeast India. The three-day CII-North East Farm and Food Tech, which ended on Friday, proved to be a good platform for local producers to meet, interact and showcase their produce brands like Big Basket, Britannia Industries, ITC, Nestle, Blue Star Limited, Keventer Agro Limited, Frick India Limited and CG Foods Global. Companies from affiliated sectors like cold chain, certification, packaging, beverages and confectioneries also attended the event.
"Our preferred procurement items are kiwi fruit, pineapples, oranges and ginger. I am really delighted to have met so many people. The Northeast has got a rich basket," said Chinmoy Hait from Big Basket. "I am quite hopeful that the poor market linkage, which has been a major problem for the players operating in north-eastern states, will be a thing of the past soon," said Abhijit Barooah, co-chairman of the CII North East Council.
According to telegraphindia.com, farmer producer companies and exporters from Assam, the Tripura government and entrepreneurs from Mizoram, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, also showcased their products.
Publication date: 5/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: