Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Big Basket will boost producers in Indian north-eastern statesE-commerce start-up Big Basket will soon start the procurement of fruits and vegetables from Northeast India. The three-day CII-North East Farm and Food Tech, which ended on Friday, proved to be a good platform for local producers to meet, interact and showcase their produce brands like Big Basket, Britannia Industries, ITC, Nestle, Blue Star Limited, Keventer Agro Limited, Frick India Limited and CG Foods Global. Companies from affiliated sectors like cold chain, certification, packaging, beverages and confectioneries also attended the event.
"Our preferred procurement items are kiwi fruit, pineapples, oranges and ginger. I am really delighted to have met so many people. The Northeast has got a rich basket," said Chinmoy Hait from Big Basket. "I am quite hopeful that the poor market linkage, which has been a major problem for the players operating in north-eastern states, will be a thing of the past soon," said Abhijit Barooah, co-chairman of the CII North East Council.
According to telegraphindia.com, farmer producer companies and exporters from Assam, the Tripura government and entrepreneurs from Mizoram, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh, also showcased their products.
Publication date: 5/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: