Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit ScandinaviŽ en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ohio company giving away tons of cucumbers
Freightway Transportation Services in Massillon found itself stuck with 40,000 pounds of cucumbers. "The load was refused due to boxes shifting during shipping. Itís a 40,000 llbs problem and Iím in a real pickle. Help if you can. Food Banks have turned it away due to not having the man power to unload it", the company posted on Facebook last Tuesday. "Please let us know if anyone wants to come fill up a bag, a box, or a truck. It is being stored currently at 39 degrees."
The enthusiasm turned out to be great. Yesterday the company posted again an update: "A big thank you to Celadon, Faulkner Farms, Fox 8 News, Channel 3 News, BWY, Mission BBQ, Canton Repository, my friends drivers and co-workers that helped us, And the many local families that stepped up to the plate to come out and help."
"Together we can do great things We proved that today. An army of 10 We were able to move 35,000 pounds of cucumbers and help feed many people in need. Judging by the rainbow I believe God approves! God bless!"
Publication date: 5/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: