- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
AgroFresh announces new strategic approach to China market
With a dedicated commitment to provide fresh, high-quality fruit, AgroFresh and Pagoda will collaborate at the innovation center to research and identify fruit quality problems and expect to deliver actionable insights and solutions that will promote freshness at every step in the value chain for Chinese consumers.
"As a company firmly rooted in research and science, the new innovation center in China enables us to apply our know-how to predict optimal fruit conditions and reduce waste," said Jordi Ferre, AgroFresh CEO. "Pagoda's dedication to overall fruit quality, intimate knowledge of the local consumer and complex supply chain make the company a perfect partner to help us better develop and deliver localized freshness-preservation solutions."
Chinese consumers increasingly demand fresh, safe, high-quality fruit in a non-sophisticated food supply chain. Partnering with Pagoda allows AgroFresh to enter a new and growing market that needs solutions to extend fruit freshness.
Expected to open in the second half of 2018, the innovation center will be located at a Pagoda distribution center in Guangdong province. Insight gathered from the collaboration with Pagoda will also set the foundation for AgroFresh's retail and ecommerce strategy for China that can be extended to other regions.
"AgroFresh has been revered as the global leader in fruit preservation and technology for nearly two decades," said Huiyong Yu, Pagoda president. "We share like-minded goals to protect and sustain fruit quality. Working together, we'll be able to enhance the customer experience, reduce food waste and make healthy diets more accessible. Cooperating with AgroFresh will also arm us with more fruit intelligence and strengthen our position as a leading quality fruit provider."
As part of its mission to reduce food waste and improve fruit freshness on a global scale, AgroFresh seeks to identify the distinct goals of varied geographies and implement tailored models to further those goals. For China, AgroFresh's efforts will mainly focus on furthering access to high-quality fresh produce. This understanding of local markets and flexibility to adapt to diverse demands will enable AgroFresh to better address the problems of food waste and quality globally.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO
- 10/19/2018 China's biggest retailer is coming to America
- 10/18/2018 France: Auchan to run urban farms near hypermarkets
- 10/18/2018 VLAM displays wide range of products in Dubai
- 10/18/2018 “With these new washing lines we can serve our clients faster"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/18/2018 Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
- 10/18/2018 Amazon celebrates 20th anniversary
- 10/18/2018 “Twenty-two per cent of our fresh produce turnover is from organic produce”
- 10/18/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/18/2018 Westfalia Fruit welcomes visitors to Orlando and Madrid stands
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: New partnership to bring agri growth
- 10/18/2018 Big O Farms embraces future with new onion factory
- 10/17/2018 New CEO for Michigan blueberry grower