Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cameroon: Banana exports decline in Q1 of 2018This Monday, Cameroon’s Banana Association (ASSOBACAM) revealed that there was a drop of Cameroonian banana exports in the first quarter of 2018. Exports reached an estimated 59,149 tons compared to the 78,610 tons of last year. In relative terms, this is a decrease of 19,461 tons. It is the result of the poor performance of the Cameroon Development Corporation (CDC), the country’s second largest exporter.
Based on the figures compiled by ASSOBACAM, at the end of the first three months of the year the CDC exported 11,631 tons of bananas against 26,840 tons in the first quarter of 2017.
This represents a 15,209-ton drop “related to the effects of climate,” which has affected all domestic production on the global market, it said.
Journalducameroun.com reports how, for its part, the PHP Company (a local subsidiary of the Compagnie Fruitière de Marseille), a leader in banana production in Cameroon, exported 45,064 tons in the first quarter of 2018. This was down compared to the same period last year when exports reached 48,755 tons in Q1.
ASOBACAM states that bananas are Cameroon’s third export product, after oil and timber.
Publication date: 5/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: