- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Robotic automation leader Soft Robotics raises $20 million
Soft Robotics unlocks robotic automation for large, meaningful markets and labour starved industries such as food and beverage, advanced manufacturing and e-commerce. Leveraging patented material science and AI algorithms, Soft Robotics designs and builds automation solutions and soft robotic gripping systems that can grasp and manipulate items with the same dexterity of the human hand. Since the company's inception, its technology platform has experienced substantial customer validation and adoption, with over 80% year over year revenue growth and production installations running 24/7 for Fortune 500 companies and Dow 30 components, including Just Born Quality Confections.
"We're proud of the team's work to date to scale up the Soft Robotics' technology platform and gain significant commercial traction across our customer verticals, said Soft Robotics CEO Carl Vause. “We've been able to address some of our customers' largest supply chain and automation challenges, from picking and packing fresh produce and raw proteins, to bin picking and retail order fulfilment."
ABB, a leader in robotics and industrial automation, sees the investment in Soft Robotics as part of ABB's overall strategy to shape the future of industrial digitalization and the automated warehouse.
"We saw early on that the Soft Robotics solution is a paradigm shift in the way our machines interact with their environment, especially in their ability to grasp deformable, delicate, binned or otherwise complex items," said Grant Allen, Head of Ventures at ABB Group. "As a leader in industrial manipulation with over 300,000 robots deployed, ABB sees a huge number of amplifying automation solutions but the intuitive control software Soft Robotics has created combined with their agile gripper is a linchpin of the automated warehouse. In an era of increasingly high mix, low volume production cycles coupled with the need for pain-free automation configurability, we are also extremely excited about the direction Soft Robotics is taking their core technology with SuperPick, allowing ABB arms to do more with less training, greater accuracy and increasing autonomy."
This funding round comes at a pivotal time in Soft Robotics' growth. Having proven the economic benefit and scalability of the technology, the company is today at a critical moment of accelerating its commercial penetration plans and new product roadmap.
For more information:
Tel.: +1 (617) 645-5183
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 China: JD uses maglev technology in express delivery packaging
- 10/12/2018 Automation is the future of asparagus
- 10/12/2018 Automated harvesting options to combat labor shortages
- 10/11/2018 Ocado - The factory of tomorrow?
- 10/04/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/01/2018 'Visar Sortop Potatoes' enables pinpoint calibration, sorting and weighing
- 09/28/2018 Renting driverless tractors means less work for Indian Farmers
- 09/27/2018 Small cardboard trays and punnets for sustainable packaging, transport and presentation
- 09/27/2018 Modern vegetable choppers available online
- 09/26/2018 Compac continues to grow in Peru
- 09/21/2018 US: Glei’s apple orchard tries new tech
- 09/19/2018 Idaho onion producer chooses an optical grading line for new packing station
- 09/14/2018 Vanmark announces new facility in India
- 09/06/2018 Drones against red spider mites
- 09/06/2018 New safety device for K8 asparagus harvesters
- 09/05/2018 Machinery to sort ripe fruit
- 09/04/2018 Automated box tipper designed to eliminate manual labor
- 09/04/2018 Robotic harvesting UK
- 09/04/2018 Just watch this: Harvesting prunes in Sacramento Valley
- 09/04/2018 Ishida provides solution for salad weighing