- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Due to US sanctions
Russian McDonald's to start using home-grown potatoes
McDonald’s restaurants in Russia have already been using Russian ingredients for most other menu items, but until now they had relied on frozen French fries from the Netherlands and Poland because Russian potatoes weren’t quite right.
Now McDonald’s is making the switch to home-grown potatoes to deal with rouble's volatility caused by fluctuating oil prices and western sanctions. A plant south of Moscow using potatoes grown on local farms will supply frozen fries to 651 McDonald’s restaurant across Russia.
The factory has capacity to process more than 200,000 tons of potatoes per year, washing, cutting and freezing the vegetables.
The rouble has recovered some ground as the price of oil, a major source of revenue for Russia, has risen from a low in 2016. But western trade restrictions remain in place.
Russia’s response to western sanctions included a 2014 ban on a range of western food imports.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-12 Canada: rain worries potato growers
- 2018-11-12 US: Wisconsin potato crop facing 12 percent decline
- 2018-11-12 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-12 Canada: Prince Edward Island farmers say 15% of crops still in ground
- 2018-11-09 China: Potato production down 20%, potato reserve fell by 30%
- 2018-11-09 "Prices of French sweet potatoes are stable"
- 2018-11-09 China: Fewer winter potatoes than last year
- 2018-11-09 US: Onion Market and Crop Update
- 2018-11-09 Cape onion producers well-placed to take advantage of European shortage
- 2018-11-09 Egypt exported over 759,200 tons of ware potatoes
- 2018-11-09 Dr Oz Show educates on the health benefits of onions
- 2018-11-09 'Potato gene' reveals how ancient Andeans adapted to starchy diet
- 2018-11-09 Rwandan Govt fines potato middlemen selling above set price
- 2018-11-08 Continental North-west Europe's potato harvest at least 20% lower
- 2018-11-08 Cyprus: ‘Potato crisis’ also in the north of the island
- 2018-11-08 'The more convenient the product, the stronger the growth'
- 2018-11-08 "Bintje is experiencing a strong price change"
- 2018-11-07 China: Potato production volume satisfies market demand
- 2018-11-07 Summer heat wave produces smaller crop of Quebec onions
- 2018-11-07 Hungary: Lower potato yields will drive prices up