- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Export Manager
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
Top 5 -yesterday
- Potato, onion and carrot market in Lower Austria: Stable market situation
- New York orchardists test hail netting
- Iran: How economical will fruit exports remain?
- Ukraine: Smaller producers not harvesting apples at the moment
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
The company has now developed an ozone system which can be applied to a sprayer for plant and crop disinfection along with deterring insects. This means the sprayer uses no chemicals. No residues and no health and safety issues.
"This is the first self propelled sprayer to have been converted to an ozone system in the world I believe and this technology will revolutionise chemical spraying," explains Roger Cherry from the company. "We are also working with a company which produces Probiotics and the reason for this is: In some cases we need greater residual protection so we spray the crop with the ozone sprayer then run over the crop with a probiotic which gives us significant protection saving the need for sprays for long periods of time. The probiotics populate the clean plant surfaces for greater protection. This provides fantastic protection on crops using no chemicals whatsoever."
Biofume have also launched a bird deterrent system which is simple to add to large fruit and food facilities providing significant bird reduction from 90-99% along with general pests and insects.
"This has proved to be a game changer for a lot of facilities as birds and insects are very menacing and messy," said Roger.
Birds have very sensitive respiratory systems. As an example miners historically took canaries into mines as an early warning sign of toxic gas. Similarly, birds are repelled by ozone as their respiratory systems are highly sensitive to it. Most bird problems are associated with birds roosting, particularly at night. The Enviro Bird Control unit generates and deploys ozone at low levels around the areas birds roost which makes it unpleasant for them and they depart.
Most commonly the Enviro Bird Control system is deployed in roof areas on large buildings. Particularly canopies in loading areas. Each location requires site specific design. A wide variety of other locations may also be treated.
Biofume is also looking for distributors around the globe to sell, distribute and install systems.
For more information:
Tel: +64 (0)21 494 036
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 China: JD uses maglev technology in express delivery packaging
- 10/12/2018 Automation is the future of asparagus
- 10/12/2018 Automated harvesting options to combat labor shortages
- 10/11/2018 Ocado - The factory of tomorrow?
- 10/04/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/01/2018 'Visar Sortop Potatoes' enables pinpoint calibration, sorting and weighing
- 09/28/2018 Renting driverless tractors means less work for Indian Farmers
- 09/27/2018 Small cardboard trays and punnets for sustainable packaging, transport and presentation
- 09/27/2018 Modern vegetable choppers available online
- 09/26/2018 Compac continues to grow in Peru
- 09/21/2018 US: Glei’s apple orchard tries new tech
- 09/19/2018 Idaho onion producer chooses an optical grading line for new packing station
- 09/14/2018 Vanmark announces new facility in India
- 09/06/2018 Drones against red spider mites
- 09/06/2018 New safety device for K8 asparagus harvesters
- 09/05/2018 Machinery to sort ripe fruit
- 09/04/2018 Automated box tipper designed to eliminate manual labor
- 09/04/2018 Robotic harvesting UK
- 09/04/2018 Just watch this: Harvesting prunes in Sacramento Valley
- 09/04/2018 Ishida provides solution for salad weighing