Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kiwi-shaped feijoa in 'freakish' classic kiwiana combinationA kiwi-shaped feijoa was found by Richard Everts in Hope, near Nelson, in New Zealand. He was collecting feijoas in his backyard, when an oddly-shaped one caught his eye. Lying beneath a tree, one of the much-loved fruits appeared to be in the shape of a kiwi bird.
Everts said he noticed its shape straight away. "It's the classic Kiwiana picture really, a combination of feijoa and kiwi." While he had seen a few oddly-shaped feijoas in his time, he had never come across one that resembled a bird before.”
"Most of them are oval, but occasionally you get strange shapes from where they have rubbed up against a tree branch or something like that."
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: