- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
National Statistical Office - Figures
Croatia: 2017 mandarin orange production collapsed
Figures from the national statistical office show also that pear production in 2017 dropped by almost 30% to 2,790 tonnes, while the production of plums decreased by 13% to 8,206 tonnes, strawberry production dropped by 5.1% to 3,209 tonnes, fig production by 20.8% to 923 tonnes and olive production by 7.3% to 28,895 tonnes.
According to total-croatia-news.com, cauliflower and broccoli production dropped by 37.5% to 1,736 tonnes, cabbage production dropped by 6.4% to 35,318 tonnes, onion and garlic production decreased by 26.6% to 20,765 tonnes and carrot production by 25% to 13,676 tonnes.
Statistical data also shows that 56,570 tonnes of apples were produced last year, an increase of 26.3%. Increases were also reported in the production of tart cherries and cherries (+ 9.6% to 10,206 tonnes), peaches and nectarines (+53.9% to 7,387 tonnes), apricots (+20.4% to 726 tonnes), walnuts (+73.5% to 484 tonnes), and hazelnuts (+21.8% to 1,534 tonnes).
The production of lettuce rose 5.5% to 5,911 tonnes, tomato production increased by 34.2% to 41,223 tonnes, cucumber production rose by 35.4% to 10,622 tonnes, and the production of peppers rose 0.2% to 19,303 tonnes. Finally, the total production of grapes in 2017 was 116,307 tonnes, a decline of 5.9%.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 China: Online trade of fresh produce increased by 23.5% in first half of 2018
- 10/19/2018 Illegal imports of fruit and vegetables affecting Balochistan farmers
- 10/19/2018 UK reliance on Spanish horticulture is a fact
- 10/19/2018 India: Rising freight rates & traffic stops trouble Kashmir’s apple exports
- 10/19/2018 Sodexo embraces wonky fruit and vegetables
- 10/19/2018 Kenya to export over 40 percent of avocados & other fresh produce to China
- 10/18/2018 Peach and nectarine campaign completed
- 10/18/2018 Egyptian company Wadi El Nile aims to increase its exports to $12 mln next year
- 10/18/2018 Prices on Bonaire and Saba rising more than on St Eustatius
- 10/17/2018 Did Fresno Unified School district overpay by hundreds of thousands of dollars?
- 10/17/2018 The challenges of the Agri-food sector
- 10/17/2018 Moving location of fruit and vegetables in shops can lead to 15% sales increase
- 10/17/2018 Costa Rica works hard to expand export trade with China
- 10/17/2018 'Hungarian vegetable harvest steady around 1.9 mln tons'
- 10/16/2018 Romania imports 10 times more fruit and vegetables than it exported
- 10/16/2018 Taiwan to expand trade with Turkey
- 10/16/2018 Argentina has potential to export more fruit, but it must improve quality
- 10/16/2018 Minister Mwanamveka unhappy that Malawi is importing bananas
- 10/16/2018 Food products from Philippines aim for export to Russia
- 10/16/2018 Indonesian Minister of Agriculture Amran opens export market of mangosteen to Taiwan