Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- “Increased availability will boost US lemon consumption”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
National Statistical Office - Figures
Croatia: 2017 mandarin orange production collapsedCroatia's 2017 mandarin orange production dropped by almost 64% from 2016 levels to the lowest level since 2006. The mandarin production totalled 19,011 tonnes, a drop of 63.7% compared to 2016, and the reason for it was bad weather, such as frost and drought.
Figures from the national statistical office show also that pear production in 2017 dropped by almost 30% to 2,790 tonnes, while the production of plums decreased by 13% to 8,206 tonnes, strawberry production dropped by 5.1% to 3,209 tonnes, fig production by 20.8% to 923 tonnes and olive production by 7.3% to 28,895 tonnes.
According to total-croatia-news.com, cauliflower and broccoli production dropped by 37.5% to 1,736 tonnes, cabbage production dropped by 6.4% to 35,318 tonnes, onion and garlic production decreased by 26.6% to 20,765 tonnes and carrot production by 25% to 13,676 tonnes.
Statistical data also shows that 56,570 tonnes of apples were produced last year, an increase of 26.3%. Increases were also reported in the production of tart cherries and cherries (+ 9.6% to 10,206 tonnes), peaches and nectarines (+53.9% to 7,387 tonnes), apricots (+20.4% to 726 tonnes), walnuts (+73.5% to 484 tonnes), and hazelnuts (+21.8% to 1,534 tonnes).
The production of lettuce rose 5.5% to 5,911 tonnes, tomato production increased by 34.2% to 41,223 tonnes, cucumber production rose by 35.4% to 10,622 tonnes, and the production of peppers rose 0.2% to 19,303 tonnes. Finally, the total production of grapes in 2017 was 116,307 tonnes, a decline of 5.9%.
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: