Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia to host the World Avocado Congress for first time“The World Avocado Congress is like the soccer world cup of the avocado industry. The congress (WAC) is held every 4 years in a different country. The next host country is selected during each Summit by the attendees and the most relevant people in the industry around the world - and it’s done by a very exciting voting process. In 2019 the Congress will take place in Colombia, where the avocado industry is rapidly growing”, explains Jorge Enrique Restrepo, Executive Director of Corpohass, the Colombian association of Hass avocado growers and exporters, the association responsible for the organization of the congress.
He explains that leaders and representatives from the avocado industry all over the world, participate in this congress “It’s a very specialized congress, the ideal place to connect services, products, and people, bringing together potential business partners”.
During the congress, academic sessions are going to be held with subjects such as genetics and the development of breeding materials, production and productivity, fruit quality, phytosanitary practices, technology, health, nutrition and gastronomy and supply chain, marketing and industrialization.
“The purpose of this event, is to give everyone a complete experience of the avocado business. Apart from the academic sessions various other activities are organized to respond to the needs of the attendees and companies. For example a trade show and matchmaking (AvoMatch) will be part of the congress.” The AvoLab is another activity where companies and experts show that their innovative and disruptive thinking can change the way avocados are perceived and sold in the global market. Other activities are AvoSolutions, AvoTaste, AvoBar and the AvoTours.
To find out more about the World Avocado Congress 2019 and its activities, click here to visit the website.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: