Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Greenhouse blueberries enter the market"
"The surface area for domestic blueberry production is relatively limited in comparison with other popular fruits. Production areas are distributed over Pindu in Qingdao, Yunnan, Fujian, Jiangxi, and Jiangsu. Pingdu and Yunnan are the two main production areas. These two production areas plant different varieties and also enter the market at different times. Greenhouse blueberries from Pingdu enter the market in large volumes around April 14th. The open-field blueberries enter the market between mid-June and early July." This is according to Mr. Liu Wei of Xiamen Xin Wei Hong Trade Co., Ltd. (Shandong Qingsen Fruit Cooperation).
"The retail situation for blueberries was less than ideal in the last two years, because the price was relatively high. This year, however, the conditions have changed. Consumers are showing a considerably stronger interest in blueberries. This development mainly stems from a growing understanding among consumers of the medicinal and nutritional value of blueberries."
Technicians carry out selection of Qingdao blueberries
Farmers harvest Qingdao blueberries
"We cooperate with blueberry plantations in Pingdu within a 'company + cooperation' structure. The plantations cover around 33 hectares, which include both open-field plantations and greenhouse plantations. The harvest this year has been generous. We currently sell our blueberries mainly through wholesale markets and supermarkets in first and second tier cities."
Xiamen Xin Wei Hong Trade Co., Ltd.
Shandong Qingsen Fruit Cooperation
Telephone number (WeChat): +86 152 6528 8075
QQ address: email@example.com
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: