Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Chinese bayberry prices inflated
This is the time when Chinese bayberries ripen. The early-season Chinese bayberries from Yunnan have already been on the market in Ningbo, Zhejiang, for a fortnight. The price increased rapidly as a result of a limited supply volume and increased consumer demand during the Qingming Festival [Thursday April 5th]. Chinese bayberries sold for 120 yuan [19.12 USD] per 0.5 kg. Chinese bayberries from Yunnan are usually the earliest on the market and their price is generally around 80 yuan [12.75 USD] per 0.5 kg.
Chinese bayberries from Yunnan ripen earlier than Chinese bayberries from other provinces, because Yunnan has more sunshine and warmer weather. Chinese bayberries from Yunnan ripen in early March and enter the market in early April. Their production volume, however, is rather small. Chinese bayberries from Zhejiang usually enter the market between mid-May and June. When the early-season Chinese bayberries enter the market in Zhejiang, the price usually reaches more than 100 yuan [15.94 USD] per kg. Furthermore, the supply volume is small. Regular consumers are awestruck at the sight of early-season Chinese bayberries, which are mainly aimed at high-end consumers in Zhejiang. It is estimated that the price of Chinese bayberries will rapidly come down when strawberries enter the market in large volumes.
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: