Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: "Apple pear" keeps quiet on the market
The apple pear, also known as the Yanbian apple pear, is a protected agricultural product from Yanbian District. The appearance of this pear resembles an apple, so it is called an apple pear. The pear is a superior, cold-ground pear variety from the north. It has great resistance to the cold and can endure storage well. The pear thus has great potential for commercialization. The pear trees are able to survive winters with temperatures as low as minus 32 degrees Celsius. This is something no other pear tree can imitate.
The apple pear may look like an apple, but does not taste like one. The fruit flesh tastes sweet and different from most pears. In recent years the domestic pear industry has become diverse. As more and more pear varieties enter the market, the market share of apple pears decreased. The pear industry has been under great pressure in recent years. The market is diverse, and marketing channels have undergone fundamental changes.
Source: New Farmer
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: