Figures from the Information System on the fresh or dried banana market in Central America compiled by the Business Intelligence Unit at CentralAmericaData:
- Between January and September of the years 2016 and 2017 the export volume of bananas registered an increase of 9%, rising from 1.7 million tons in 2016 to 1.9 million tons in 2017.
- In the periods in question, the export value also registered a positive variation, growing from $736 million in 2016 to $784 million in 2017.
- From January to September of 2016 and 2017, the value of Costa Rican sales abroad grew steadily reaching an annual average of 13%.
- Between January 2012 and September 2017, the average price of a kilo of banana exports has remained relatively stable, ranging between $0.35 / Kg and $0.43 / Kg.
- In the first nine months of 2017, 43% of the export value went to the USA, 10% to Belgium, 9% to the United Kingdom and 6% to Italy.