Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Sakata inaugurates new research centre in AlmeriaOn 6 April, Sakata inaugurated its new seed research, development and production centre in the municipality of La Puebla de Vícar, in Almeria.
The event was chaired by Hiroshi Sakata, President of the Sakata Seed Corporation, and was attended by Alain Sicard, President of Sakata Vegetables Europe, and Javier Bernabéu, Managing Director of Sakata Seed Ibérica, together with most of the company's staff in Spain.
The event started with a presentation of the new facilities by Frank Tardieu, EMEA Research Director at Sakata Vegetables Europe. Next, there was a guided tour led by Station Manager Francisco Flores, and there was also an exhibition presented by Javier Bernabéu. The day's program was closed with a lunch.
Sakata seeds have been marketed in Europe since the 70's, but it was in 1990 when the company set up its first infrastructures in the Netherlands to supply Europe, the Middle East and Africa. In 1996, Sakata founded Sakata Seed Ibérica, the subsidiary responsible for providing commercial support in Spain and Portugal. At present, Sakata has two research stations (in Murcia and Almeria) and a commercial office (in Valencia) in Spain. With the inauguration of this new research centre, Sakata confirms its commitment to the Spanish market, particularly to Almeria's, as well as to continue boosting its R&D&I department.
More information: ww.sakata-vegetables.eu
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: