Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- “Europe is literally waiting for every lemon”
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US - Bakersfield, California
Delano grape grower Jakov Dulcich shotThe founder of Dulcich & Sons, the company best known for its Pretty Lady grapes, was shot and killed Wednesday morning. Jakov Prosper Dulcich, 84, was found with multiple gunshot wounds around 8:30 a.m. on a Kern County road.
Investigators from the Sheriff's Office determined Dulcich's SUV and the suspect vehicle had been traveling on South Browning Road when an occupant of the suspect vehicle fired into Dulcich's car.
According to the company website, Dulcich and his wife emigrated from Croatia and, after spending a year in Chile, settled in Delano in 1960. They worked in vineyards owned by his uncle until they had saved enough money to buy 30 hectares of farmland in 1975.
A bakersfield.com article describes how Dulcich began creating brand labels for different grapes he grew, and in 1992 Dulcich & Sons began marketing its grapes to the world. In 1996, the company's Sunlight International sales division was created and its first storage facility built. As of 2012, the company had more than 1,000 hectares of farmland and multiple storage facilities covering tens of thousands of square metres.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: