Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US fruit farmers preparing for more cold weatherThe National Weather Service estimates a low temperature of just below 0oC this Sunday, in northwest Arkansas. That means Arkansas fruit growers are preparing for another round of freezing temperatures this weekend.
A Washington County fruit producer told thv11.com he lost about $4,500 worth of Asian pears because of cold temperatures last week. He said the fruit is hard to protect when temperatures drop.
Fruit producer Rex Barnhill says he's preparing for the weekend weather by pumping his strawberries with groundwater and covering them with blankets. The blankets will hold the heat in, resulting in up to 6-degrees of warmer air temperature.
Barnhill said his plants' survival depends on how long the temperatures stay below freezing.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: