Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US fruit farmers preparing for more cold weatherThe National Weather Service estimates a low temperature of just below 0oC this Sunday, in northwest Arkansas. That means Arkansas fruit growers are preparing for another round of freezing temperatures this weekend.
A Washington County fruit producer told thv11.com he lost about $4,500 worth of Asian pears because of cold temperatures last week. He said the fruit is hard to protect when temperatures drop.
Fruit producer Rex Barnhill says he's preparing for the weekend weather by pumping his strawberries with groundwater and covering them with blankets. The blankets will hold the heat in, resulting in up to 6-degrees of warmer air temperature.
Barnhill said his plants' survival depends on how long the temperatures stay below freezing.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: