Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
A diverse range of new items
Photo report Innovations Showcase at Viva Fresh Expo
This year, Viva Fresh introduced the Gateway to Innovation awards, recognizing new product developments within the Texas-Mexico region. The purpose of the award program was to identify excellence in packaging design, new product development, food safety, machinery, software and technology.
The showcase contained some very innovative and new items from a new product perspective as well as technology perspective. One of the products that stood out is Marvellous Jackfruit as Meat Substitute. It has the same texture as meat but can be flavored with condiments. The product from Cabefruit is a winner in the category Most Innovative New Fruit Product.
In the category Most Innovative Fruit Packaging or POS Solution, the Wonderful Company received an award with its Halos Tree and Tractor display. Stores can order the display at no cost and the Wonderful Company has seen a 2.5 times lift in velocity growth for stores who use the display versus stores that don’t.
Mucci Farms took home two awards. The company received an award in the Most Innovative Vegetable Packaging or POS Solution category with Veggies To Go that invites parents and kids to snack on healthy veggies. In addition, Mucci Farms won an award in the category Most Innovative Technology Application or Software with its Mucci International Logistics app. The app allows communication between the Mucci Farms logistics team, the retailer and the truck driver to improve supply chain efficiency and food safety.
The award for Most Innovative Value-Added Solution went to Sunset/Mastronardi Produce for its SUNSET® You Make Me™ Pasta Kits. The kits were launched in 2017 and designed to provide busy consumers with a healthy and fast meal solution using fresh produce. Each pasta kit contains fresh SUNSET tomatoes, portioned pasta, a spice packet, and some come with gourmet infused oil.
Love Beets was the winner in the category Most Innovative Vegetable Product with its Honey + Vinegar Golden Beets.
ScanTech Sciences received the most votes and the first annual Best of Show Award for their Most Innovative Food Safety Product Solution: Electronic Cold-Pasteurization.
“We implemented a truly unique display creating a ‘wow’ moment outside the exhibit hall to attract attention to these impressive innovations,” said Dante Galeazzi, President and CEO of the Texas International Produce Association. “In addition, we wanted to get the Viva Fresh attendees involved in the voting process which is why the Best of Show Winner was selected by popular vote during the Expo.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: