Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Swiss consumers want sustainability and regional goodsThe Swiss attach great importance to sustainably produced products that are regionally produced. This is the conclusion of the "Trusted Brands 2018" survey by Reader's Digest.
The environmental demands are pronounced, says Reader's Digest in a press release. 74 percent of respondents want significantly more products to be produced sustainably.
57 percent of the participants stated that they wanted to pay more for sustainably produced goods. Even clearer is, however, with 62 percent the will to pay more for regional products than for other goods.
For foodstuffs, transparency about their composition is important to respondents. 68 percent demand clear indications of how much sugar, salt and calories a product contains. 61 percent are complaining that the list of ingredients in industrially manufactured products is often difficult to understand.
In Switzerland, 2,300 people were interviewed for the survey.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: