Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- “Increased availability will boost US lemon consumption”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Swiss consumers want sustainability and regional goodsThe Swiss attach great importance to sustainably produced products that are regionally produced. This is the conclusion of the "Trusted Brands 2018" survey by Reader's Digest.
The environmental demands are pronounced, says Reader's Digest in a press release. 74 percent of respondents want significantly more products to be produced sustainably.
57 percent of the participants stated that they wanted to pay more for sustainably produced goods. Even clearer is, however, with 62 percent the will to pay more for regional products than for other goods.
For foodstuffs, transparency about their composition is important to respondents. 68 percent demand clear indications of how much sugar, salt and calories a product contains. 61 percent are complaining that the list of ingredients in industrially manufactured products is often difficult to understand.
In Switzerland, 2,300 people were interviewed for the survey.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: