Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain hopes that the EC will take its food chain regulations into account
The General Secretary of Agriculture and Food, Carlos Cabanas, hopes that the regulations that the European Commission is preparing to improve the functioning of the food chain and trade relations resemble the ones that Spain has already had in force for five years.
Cabanas has admitted that the Ministry "would love" for the EU food chain regulations "to be a copy" of the Spanish ones, but also acknowledged that the EC will have to propose "what it believes will be better for all countries."
In any case, he also warned that the approval of the EC's proposal could still take up to two years.
Regarding the fight against food waste, Cabanas recalled that since 2013, Spain has had the campaign "More food, less waste" in place, and that it has managed to reduce the volume of wasted food in homes by about 4%.
Publication date: 4/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: