- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Fyffes unveils National Banana Day plans
In its second year, the event is intended, in part, to give support to the national drive to encourage better, more-healthy eating habits – especially amongst young and growing children. Its parallel purpose will be to encourage consumers to include bananas as a wholly natural and nutritious ‘convenience’ food or a main meal accompaniment.
Fyffes marketing manager Emma Hunt-Duffy pictured at the launch of National Banana Day 2018, in support of Temple Street Children’s Hospital.
A key aim of the event will be to encourage chefs, food writers and others to be even more creative in developing recipes that would see bananas being incorporated more widely on menus – not just as a dessert choice but as a starter course or savoury main meal addition.
Parents and budding little chefs throughout the country are being invited to put their culinary talents to work by creating their own banana-inspired dishes and recipe suggestions. Winning creations will feature on the Fyffes Kitchen menu and posted on the company’s social media pages to support Temple Street Children’s Hospital.
In Dublin, residents, workers and those many visitors to the city can give their backing to the campaign and support Temple Street Hospital by savouring an array of quirky banana-infused dishes, which will include starters, main courses and desserts, being served through the pop-up Fyffes Kitchen appearing over three days at Spencer Dock Market (April 18th), Mespil Road Market (19th) and Sandyford Market (20th).
Commenting on what she describes as a ‘tasty appeal on behalf of a worthy children’s charity’, Fyffes marketing manager Emma Hunt-Duffy said: “our goal on National Banana Day will be to highlight what a fun, healthy and adaptable fruit bananas are whilst supporting the very important work being done by Temple Street Children’s Hospital”.
Denise Fitzgerald, Chief Executive with Temple Street Foundation says, "We are thrilled and excited that Fyffes have chosen to partner with Temple Street Foundation for their Banana Day activities again this year. By simply trying out the delicious Fyffes pop-up Kitchen dishes next week you'll also be making a really positive impact on our hospital and the thousands of sick children who come here in need of urgent medical care. From all of us in Temple Street - thank you Fyffes for your continued support."
Those wishing to support Temple Street with a €4 donation can do so also by texting the word BANANA to 50300 of which a minimum €3.25 will go directly to the Hospital.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Nigerian government launches banana planting project
- 09/18/2018 Sustainability through partnership and innovation
- 09/17/2018 Sri Lanka-China banana supply agreement: Not one kilo exported
- 09/17/2018 African banana farmers fear effects of Brexit
- 09/14/2018 Australian bananas: TR4 affected farms benefit from new agreement
- 09/14/2018 Fyffes to support Irish amputees ahead of World Cup campaign
- 09/14/2018 'Playing with your food'
- 09/12/2018 Cameroon: Banana production effected by Anglophone Crisis
- 09/11/2018 Banana imports into Iran at $200 million in five months
- 09/11/2018 Cameroon: Banana exports grew to 28,434 tons in Aug-Jul 2018
- 09/11/2018 Commitment to more sustainable banana production
- 09/07/2018 Ecuador: Banana reform maintains ban on new plantings and a single official price
- 09/07/2018 Banacol rejects the call to trial of its officials
- 09/07/2018 Cameroon's CDC exports lowest banana volume in 13 years
- 09/05/2018 Mexico: Colima plantain producers focusing on Asia
- 09/05/2018 Bolivia: Banana shipments to Argentina drop from 40 trucks a week to 4
- 09/04/2018 Cuba: Record production of plantains in Ciego de Avila
- 09/03/2018 Philippines seek greater banana market access to South Korea
- 09/03/2018 ‘Tamil Nadu contributed significantly to Indian banana cultivation’
- 09/03/2018 South Indian banana fields: Heavy metal contamination detected