Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
EU likely to eliminate additional checks on Egyptian strawberries
Egyptian Agriculture Minister Abdel Moneim El-Banna said last Friday that the European Union had recommended cancelling the additional checks on Egypt's strawberries.
The Minister added in a press statement that the decision came after "confirming the new control measures adopted by Egypt to ensure the quality of Egyptian agricultural products and raise their capacity for domestic consumption and export abroad."
He said that the General Directorate of Health and Food Safety of the European Commission informed Egypt that the Working Group would review the list of crops subject to additional tests, and that the change would likely be approved in July, ahead of the start of the new strawberry export season.
It is worth noting that Egypt's strawberry export lasts from November to April.
Other countries, including Kuwait, Jordan, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Australia, have also recently lifted their bans on Egypt's agricultural and fruit exports.
Publication date: 4/11/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: