Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Moldova aligns with EU quality control standards for fruit and veg
Last week, the Moldovan Cabinet of Ministers approved the draft law on compliance with the quality control requirements for fresh fruit and vegetables. The document will help adjust national standards to bring them on par with European standards, thus helping increase product quality, protect consumer rights and increase export volumes.
The controls will be carried out according to criteria such as the nature of the product, the production period, the country of origin and the date of the latest control. If it is established that the products meet the quality requirements, a certificate of conformity will be granted.
The existence of this certificate is a factor minimising the risk of non-compliance with the quality requirements. The document will contribute to improving the reputation of domestic producers, increasing the competitiveness of local products and boosting the export quota of Moldovan products on the European Union market.
The draft also establishes the requirements for checks on the import and export of fresh fruit and vegetables. Thus, prior to the release of the products, the consignments will be subject to mandatory controls, and before the products for export leave the country's territory, the inspection body will, at the request of the economic operator, meet the quality standards of the importing country.
The new provisions will help eliminate unsatisfactory quality products from the market, ensure market transparency and lead to fair competition. At the same time, compliance with EU quality standards will allow the Republic of Moldova to request the EU Commission to include it in the List of third countries whose conformity checks are recognised as equivalent to EU requirements.
Publication date: 4/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: