Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Vegetable production rises to 95.000 tons in state of KeralaVegetable production in Kerala has increased from 65,000 tons in 2016 and surpassed 95,000 tons within two years, said Agriculture Minister V S Sunil Kumar.
This was made possible by the government facilitation of vegetable farming on more than 50,000 hectares. Sunil Kumar said the government has been implementing projects with the aim of avoiding middlemen, so that farmers can profit directly.
Newindianexpress.com reported that the Agriculture Department will run 1,108 vegetable outlets in connection with Vishu -the Hindu astronomical new year festival, celebrated in Kerala- from April 12. The vegetables will be procured from farmers at a 10 percent higher rate and will be sold at 30 percent less than open market prices.
Publication date: 4/10/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: