Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Local talent to headline entertainment and activities at Viva Fresh Expo
The Viva Fresh Produce Expo returns to San Antonio in its fourth year, and brings with it a spectacular lineup of entertainment and activities for attendees.
Back by popular demand, Lauren Corzine will perform Thursday evening during the Golf Tournament’s 19th Hole Celebration, happening at the River Bend Pavilion of the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort & Spa. Corzine started booking shows as a country music singer when she was 11 years old and since then has played all over the country gaining notoriety for her musical skills and songwriting. Entry to the 19th Hole Celebration is free for all expo participants.
Ed Bertaud, Golf Tournament Chair and Director of Retail Sales at IFCO remarked, “We’re thrilled that Lauren Corzine will be sharing her talent with us again for the 19th Hole Celebration. Lauren’s music is going to be a fantastic addition to help kick off our Viva Fresh Expo this year. Additionally, our tournament proceeds will benefit the Brighter Bites organization, supporting local Texas communities with fresh produce and health awareness education.”
For the Welcome Reception, Viva Fresh is proud to feature the music of Steel Betty. Steel Betty has roots in Austin, Texas, and brings traditional and original “folk-grass” to the event. Steel Betty will play during the Welcome Reception on Friday, April 6th from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm amid the JW Marriott Hill Country Resort & Spa’s breathtaking natural surroundings. Attendees will be able to enjoy regional Texas flavors and partake of the beautiful outdoor setting while enjoying Steel Betty’s nostalgic yet unique sound.
As to what guests should expect, Dante Galeazzi, President & CEO of Texas International Produce Association commented, “Steel Betty is a great complement to the 2018 Welcome Reception.” Galeazzi concluded, “Our theme for this year’s reception is ‘Whiskey and Wildflowers’ and the combination of the surroundings, the custom food and drink menus, good company and good music is sure to be a hit with attendees.”
Healthy living is a main focus of the event, and along with fresh, nutritious menus, this year’s expo will incorporate a group fitness class before the expo. Hosted by Michelle Martin, founder of the Ag Mag and group fitness instructor, the Sunrise Fitness Class will take place from 7:30am – 8:30am on Saturday, April 7th.
“Eating a produce-rich diet is just one part of a healthy lifestyle,” remarked Galeazzi, “and too few of us have the chance to get our daily exercise. We’re thrilled to have Michelle lead the group through a class designed for all levels of skill and mobility.”
Tel: (407) 222-3695
Publication date: 4/3/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: