Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- Australian grower recognized for efforts in China
- UK importer & Mexican lime producer plan to launch organic Fair-Trade alternative
- Earlier 2018 Mexican table grape season kick off expected
- “Since 2002, US avocado consumption has grown 250 percent”
- “Increased availability will boost US lemon consumption”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
24 and 25 October in Chile
Agro Planttrade presents its new edition
Last Tuesday was the date chosen for the presentation of the new edition of the international fair and convention Agro Planttrade 2018, which will be a meeting point for the main players in the sector. The event will serve to showcase the new varietal developments, technologies and supplies available to make agriculture more profitable.
Agro Planttrade 2018 will be held for the first time at Club Angostura, located in San Francisco de Mostazal, Chile and has been scheduled for 24 and 25 October.
Presenting this edition of the event, the general manager of Viveros de Chile, Maritrini Lapuente, highlighted that "Agro Planttrade is the ideal place to do business, since it has become the main meeting platform in Chile for the entire fruit and vegetable chain, including national and foreign advisors and investors."
Last year, more than 4,000 visitors attended the exhibition, most of them fruit, vegetable and wine producers. They had the chance to visit the stands of more than 70 participating companies and institutions, with 10 countries present.
"In this 2018 edition, new delegations from neighbouring countries will also participate. For our part, Viveros de Chile has carried out intense promotional work with ProChile's support, allowing us to become the most prestigious supplier of plants in the region," said the manager.
"This year, special emphasis will be put on the need of producers to have access to better varieties, as this will allow them to better meet the demands of the destination markets, as well as overcome the challenges generated by climate change, such as high temperatures, or off-season rains, just to give a couple of examples," said Lapuente.
This year, the organizers are also highlighting the importance of providing producers with adequate technical advice, so that they can get the most out of the new varieties, as well as of the need to advance in the mechanization of the orchards and the incorporation of precision agriculture. Speakers will address such topics during the two-day conference.
Admission to Agro Planttrade 2018 is free. It is only necessary to register in advance at www.agroplanttrade.cl
Publication date: 4/2/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: