Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese entrepreneurs aim to purchase vegetables and fertilizers from Volgograd
On 20 March, a Chinese delegation arrived in Volgograd's capital to discuss the implementation of projects for the supply of potash fertilizers, vegetables and fruits, grain and other products. According to Volgogradskaya pravda.ru, Chinese entrepreneurs are planning to invest in strategic projects, as well as, probably, in the processing of agricultural products in the Volgograd region. However, in order to make all of this possible, the regional authorities should find ways to reduce the cost of logistics.
The delegation includes representatives of the embassy, as well as the main state institution responsible for trade with foreign countries. Top managers of large companies were present. Some of the Chinese guests had never visited the region before, so they knew almost nothing about the production and trade opportunities that it has to offer.
"Today, 70 regional firms are involved in trade relations with China," said Galina Bykadorova, head of the regional economic committee. "The volume of exports amounts to $ 12 million and we are interested in exporting to China not only goods, but also services."
To be precise, China needs potash fertilizers, as well as grain and fruit and vegetable products. The country is ready to receive products from Volgograd. However, the Chinese want to think through the process of reducing the cost of transportation.
"We are ready to buy a lot, our markets are huge, especially for fertilizers," said a representative of the industrial corporation from the Fujian Province, east China.
Publication date: 3/27/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: