Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
6th Qatar International Agricultural Fair to be held between 20 and 22 March
Thirty-six countries are participating in the sixth edition of the Qatar International Agricultural Fair (AGRICTEC 2018), which will be held under the patronage of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, from 20 to 22 March at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center.
Assistant Director of Agriculture and Fisheries Affairs Faleh bin Nasser Al Thani said in a press conference last Tuesday that the international participation in the exhibition reflects the interest of experts and official institutions on the important role of the agricultural sector as a cornerstone of economic diversification. He also highlighted the pursuit of self-sufficiency in agricultural production by reducing dependence on imported products.
He pointed out that AGRICTEC 2018 is giving a strong boost to the country's efforts to bring the local agricultural sector to the highest international standards. This, in turn, helps in the promotion of a sustainable and comprehensive development for the State of Qatar, based on a clear plan of objectives and milestones.
Mr Khalid Al Khulaifi, Director of Agricultural Affairs at the Ministry of Municipality and Environment, said that the exhibition will be attended by 313 local, regional and international companies. It is an ideal opportunity for agricultural specialists to learn about the most important modern agricultural equipment, technologies and products backing the development and growth of this sector. Moreover, it is providing interactive platforms for experts and professionals to share their knowledge and expertise among local and international participants.
The exhibition features 31 global pavilions divided into companies and participating countries.
A number of events will be held on the sidelines of the exhibition, notably the first Qatar International Agriculture Conference, which aims to bring together agricultural, environmental and veterinary experts and technology service providers from around the world to discuss strategies to meet the demand for agriculture in Qatar.
Publication date: 3/19/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: