Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Greece aims to eliminate trade deficit of agro-food products
The Greek Minister of Rural Development and Food, Vaggelis Apostolou, spoke at the opening of the Food and Drink Food Expo 2018, which was held between 10 and 12 March in Athens. He pointed out that "in 2018, we are heading towards a goal that a few years ago we considered a deceptive dream: eliminating the trade deficit of agro-food products."
He also said that 175 million Euro would be allocated to co-funded programs for the promotion of agricultural products on international markets in 2018, and claimed that in order to further increase the competitiveness of the Greek agro-food sector, innovation is indispensable.
In this regard, the new Rural Development Program 2014-2020 is creating opportunities to adopt new technologies that may contribute to the protection of the environment, as well as facilitating the supply of safe and healthy products with increased nutritional value.
"We encourage cooperation between agricultural and food sector actors to mitigate or even solve problems by using and developing innovative methods," he said. Moreover, "we advocate the promotion of our products in international markets through specific funding, which in 2018 will exceed 175 million Euro."
Official figures already show that the increase in exports in 2017 was impressive. "For 2018, we are heading towards a goal that a few years ago we considered to be a mere dream: eliminating the trade deficit of agro-food products."
Publication date: 3/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: