Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Market price of strawberries makes a comeback
Strawberry retail is gradually warming up as spring approaches. The price of strawberries this year is at least 7 or 8 yuan [1.11 or 1.27 USD] cheaper per 0.5 kg than it was in previous years. However, the price in major strawberry production areas has shown a significant increase in the last few days. These production areas include Changfeng County in Anhui and Pingdu City in Shandong.
The price of strawberries increased to around 12 yuan [1.90 USD] per 0.5 kg in the week before the Spring Festival. On the last day of the Festival the price even increased to 13 yuan [2.06 USD] per 0.5 kg. The main reason for the strawberry price increase was the holiday effect. The price returned to around 10 yuan [1.58 USD] per 0.5 kg after the holidays.
Some of the major strawberry producing areas are currently switching between crops, so the volume that entered the market is small and supply is limited. Consumer demand for strawberries, however, does not decrease. This discrepancy between supply and demand is the main reason for the recent increase in strawberry prices. The markets with great demand include Zhuanghe City and Donggang City in Liaoning, Suining County in Jiangsu, and Zhongmu County in Henan. In these places supply has gradually decreased, but demand has not. The enthusiasm of travelling traders has also increased, as has the speed of transport.
Publication date: 3/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: