- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- The walnut supply chain works: new plant inaugurated
- Canada farm that gave birth to the McIntosh apple - up for sale
- Peru looks to export quinoa and pomegranates to Chinese market
- Spain, France and Portugal support aid to Canary bananas
- US: Riced cauliflower stuffing is there for all low carb enthusiasts
Top 5 -last week
Shippable fridge-freezer combination made of corrugated cardboard
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical devices
Multiple temperature zones within one shipping package make the "THIMM COOLandFREEZE" a sustainable innovation in e-commerce. The different zones are ideal for shipping temperature-sensitive foods or medical products. A combination with temperature-insensitive products is possible.
Temperature-controlled packaging for food and medical products
"The construction consists of a two-part outer packaging and modular inlays for different temperature zones," explains Martin Meinecke, packaging developer at Thimm. "The outer packaging protects from moisture such as condensation with a layer of polyethylene. By means of novel folding techniques, the box can be rapid constructed and stabilised. The temperature zones are generated by inlays. Thus, they can be combined for the transport of, for example, fruit or vegetables with fresh products such as cheese or sausage.”
The inlay for uncooled products consists of corrugated cardboard and is the basis for the other temperature zones. A blanket of natural fibers enclosed in polyethylene foil acts as an insulator. Water-based cooling batteries provide a target temperature below 3 degrees Celsius and create the transport area for refrigerated products. For frozen products, dry ice is used to reach a temperature of -18 degrees Celsius. By means of these cooling elements the level of product cooling is controlled and maintained for up to 48 hours.
Delivery is either prefabricated or as a flat pack. This corrugated cardboard packaging is a more sustainable alternative to polystyrene or plastic shipping solutions.
Philipp Teßnow and Martin Meinecke at the award ceremony of the iF Design Awards
iF Design Award
The iF Design Award has been regarded as an internationally recognized award for good design since 1953. Around 60 independent experts from more than 20 countries selected the award winners according to a clearly structured process based on firm criteria. The jury assessed innovation and development, functionality, design quality, responsibility and positioning. The award ceremony of the iF Design Award 2018 took place on 9th March in the BMW Welt in Munich.
For more information:
THIMM Group GmbH + Co. KG
Breslauer Str. 12
Tel.: +49 5551 703 0
Fax: +49 5551 703 321
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 Canadian company’s fruit and vegetable labels to fit America’s buy-local mentality
- 2018-11-19 Change in thinking needed in the fresh produce chain: From Fork to Field
- 2018-11-16 WRAP signposts way towards sustainable use of plastics
- 2018-11-16 San Lucar meets cinema's ''The Grinch'
- 2018-11-14 “We help companies not represented in Asia minimize losses when their produce is rejected”
- 2018-11-14 UK firms makes new labels that track produce as it spoils
- 2018-11-14 Emma Sicher makes packaging from fermented bacteria and yeast
- 2018-11-13 UK: Should plastic-free packaging for fresh fruit and veg be mandatory?
- 2018-11-13 Packaging Automation announce major plans to support rapid growth
- 2018-11-08 'Premium berries should be offered in appropriate convenience packaging'
- 2018-11-08 Bio-Kette launches innovative cellulose fruit and vegetable nets
- 2018-11-07 Study: Extending shelf life of fresh produce by up to 4 days
- 2018-11-06 Canada: P.E.I. bag company sees plastic bag ban approaching
- 2018-11-02 "Reduction of packaging already a focus in breeding"
- 2018-11-02 Packaging in South Africa
- 2018-11-02 UK: Two Farmers - 100% compostable crisp bag
- 2018-11-01 Packing fresh produce in cardboard trays with top seal
- 2018-10-31 Polymer Logistics launches a container especially designed for plantains and bananas
- 2018-10-31 Eagle Packaging rebrands as EndFlex
- 2018-10-30 Brits fight plastic pollution with tea bags made of bananas