Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Marlene apples go "On air" in The Netherlands and BelgiumVOG, the Association of South Tyrolean Fruit Growers’ Co-operatives and Europe’s leading producer of table apples, has organised a structured communications campaign for Marlene® apples in the Netherlands and Belgium. The campaign covers a wide range of media formats, from traditional areas like television to more innovative channels like social networks. Alongside the actions dedicated to the end consumer there are also initiatives aimed exclusively at trade professionals from the fruit and vegetable sector, including a competition in which participants can win trips to Alto Adige, home of Marlene® apples.
In the Netherlands the communication campaign was concentrated in the period of 21 January to 5 February with a TV and Facebook commercial. As for Belgium, the “on air” campaign planned by VOG ran from 19 February to 4 March. During the same period the 15-second commercial was launched online on Facebook in both Flemish and French.
The VOG Consortium has also planned plenty of promotional initiatives aimed at trade professionals. As part of the campaign, in the last few weeks all crates of apples destined for the wholesale markets and specialist stores in Belgium and the Netherlands have been accompanied by a special bilingual leaflet, in Dutch and French, providing information on the new video on the history of Marlene® apples.
And for all retailers that purchase Marlene® varieties in the two countries, there is more. Soon it will be possible to participate in the “Win a trip to South Tyrol–Südtirol” competition and visit the valleys of the region surrounded by the Dolomites, home of the VOG fruits.
“The Netherlands and Belgium – explains Gerhard Dichgans, VOG Consortium Director – are important markets for our Consortium. The receptiveness of these countries is also due to the spending capacity of consumers, who understandably have high expectations. This explains our decision to focus more closely on these markets, speaking their language and taking account of their own individual traits. We hope that the possibility of visiting our land through the ad hoc competition that we have organised together with our Marlene® clients in Belgium and the Netherlands gives trade professionals an extra tool to promote the origins of our apples as well as the fruits themselves”.
For further information: www.marlene.it www.facebook.com/marlene.suedtirol
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: