Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
First organic apples from Wenatchee to IndiaCommitted to bringing a wide variety of fruits from across the globe to Indian consumers, IG International introduced organic apples from Wenatchee, USA for the first time in India. The apples are imported by the company through its association with Stemilt Growers. By adding organic apples to its assortment of exotic fruits, IG International aims to cater to the increasing health conscious consumer base inclined towards organic fruits and vegetables.
Announcing the launch of organic apples in the market, Mr. Tarun Arora, Director, IG International Pvt. Ltd said, “With the launch of organic apples, we further emphasize on importance of healthy eating and want to convey that ‘fruits are the best snacks’. Organic fruits have picked interest from fruit lovers in the country and by launching the best of Organic Apples, we have delivered what the consumers want. Our collaboration with Stemilt has been a grand success and enabled us to bring variety of fruits to the consumers in India so far. We value our association with Stemilt and aim to work together with them to bring diverse variety of fruits to the consumers in India.”
Mr. William P Young, Sr. Export Account Manager, Stemilt Growers further added, “Organic apples is a very popular offering from us and we are proud to bring it to Indian consumers. Like many other countries, India has emerged as a sizable market for organic produce and we are working towards satisfying the growing demand. We are fortunate to have a partner in IG International that will enable us to take our products to wider audience in the country.” Stemilt’s organic growing practice dates back to 30 years with organic fruits such as apples, pears and cherries under the Stemilt Artisan Organics™ label.
After bananas, apples are the most consumed fruits in India and a favourite among the health and fitness enthusiasts. Consumption of apples in the country is estimated at 2.24 MMT in MY 2017/18, up from 2.23 MMT the previous year. India’s consumption of international varieties of apples has also risen considerably over the years. Now, with Organic Fruit consumption constituting of 52% of total organic food products in India, demand for Organic Apples have also gone up significantly.
Organic farming is an integrated farming system that strives for sustainability, enhancement of soil fertility and biological diversity, and excludes use of synthetic inputs into the farming process. The system is known for yielding healthier produce and leaving more productive soil for the future crops. Organic fruits are loved for their consistent sweetness up to the core of the fruit, unlike chemically ripened fruits.
Organic apples from IG International will be available at retail outlets across India.
For more information: www.iginternational.net
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: