Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Pre-harvest technology obtains expanded label for cherriesAgroFresh, provider of produce freshness solutions, today announced that the label for its Harvista™ pre-harvest technology has been expanded for use on cherries at blossom time application. This proven technology that expands the harvest window for apple crops up to 21 days is now available to enhance the potential for increased yield and revenue for cherry growers.
“Our Harvista technology has been proven for years to enhance the fruit quality and value of apple crops, as well as additional benefits such as the ability to better manage weather challenges, and increased labor efficiency,” said Darrell Riddle, AgroFresh’s Harvista Account Leader, Pacific Northwest. “Now cherry growers will be able to benefit from Harvista with the potential for increased yield and higher revenue.”
When applied to cherry blossoms, Harvista technology interrupts the negative impacts of ethylene and allows more flowers to develop into fruitlets, thereby enhancing yield potential and driving revenue. Growers have reported significant impact on yield with two applications of Harvista at 10 percent and 50 percent of full bloom. For those orchards already using Harvista for their apple crops, self-application can be done with their existing Harvista sprayer kits.
Now is the time for cherry growers to improve the value of their 2018 cherry crops! Harvista is available immediately for first application at 10 percent of full bloom.
For more information, please visit www.agrofresh.com
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: