Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Anderson accepts Canada’s Most Admired Honors
At a gala event in Toronto March 1, one of greater Vancouver’s most celebrated executives was honored among Canada’s Most Admired CEOs.
John Anderson, Oppy’s chairman, president and CEO, was chosen by Waterstone Human Capital and MacKay CEO Forums—leading Canadian executive development firms—from a field of company leaders working throughout Canada. He represents the program’s “Enterprise” category, for executives of companies that earn annual revenues of $1 billion or more.
While the honor was announced last November, the awards ceremony, embedded in a corporate culture summit for company leaders and an exclusive CEO-only culture workshop, made it official.
John Anderson with the award
According to the company, Anderson was specifically selected for fostering a winning culture at Oppy, an international fresh produce marketer and distribution company, that aims to enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage. Anderson credits the company’s success to the combination of its collaborative strategic planning process and a culture backed by Oppy’s expect the world from us promise, which he introduced about 15 years ago.
As a result, Oppy—whose rich traditions and values have been preserved by Anderson as he progressed the company forward during his 43-year tenure—celebrates its 160th anniversary in this year.
“I continue to be extremely proud of the Oppy team and the amazing things we achieve day in and day out,” Anderson said. “While it is very gratifying to be recognized, my own admiration goes to the hard working, results-focused group that meets the challenges of our complex business with steadfast support of one another.”
Anderson with his wife Jo-Anne, and son Ryan
Oppy itself was recognized as having one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures last year and will hold the designation through 2018. The company was also recently recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for the 17th year, with 11 years in the program’s esteemed Platinum Club.
Anderson, meanwhile, has achieved numerous noteworthy honors, including most recently the 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award from the Chile America Chamber of Commerce, 2014 Business in Vancouver BC CEO Award, 2014 Acquisitions International Business Excellence Award, 2015 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Canada’s Pacific Region, among many others.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (206) 499 7440
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: