Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
250,000 euros allocated to Indian Council for Agricultural Research
Horticultural production to be encouraged in ManipurHorticulture and Soil Conservation Department director K. Kipgen said the Indian state of Manipur at this time has a potential area of 270,000 hectares of land for cultivation of horticultural products. Kipgen added that 20 million rupees (250,000 euros) has been allocated to the Indian Council for Agricultural Research in Imphal, for quality lab analysis to study/test horticultural products.
Organic products are cultivated by farmers under the central scheme 'Mission Organic Value Chain Development for the North Eastern Region'.
Uniindia.com explains how the scheme is aimed at promotion and production of certified organic commodities, focusing on export oriented crops – oranges from Tamenglong, lemons from Kachai (Ukhrul), pineapple, king chilli, ginger, turmeric as horti crops and chakhao (black aromatic rice) as an agri crop. The scheme covers a total area of 5,000 hectares: 2,000 hectares allotted to agri crops and 3,000
hectares to horti crops.
He further said the department is working on potato microtuber production at the Mao Potato Farm, in Senapati district.
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: