Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
250,000 euros allocated to Indian Council for Agricultural Research
Horticultural production to be encouraged in ManipurHorticulture and Soil Conservation Department director K. Kipgen said the Indian state of Manipur at this time has a potential area of 270,000 hectares of land for cultivation of horticultural products. Kipgen added that 20 million rupees (250,000 euros) has been allocated to the Indian Council for Agricultural Research in Imphal, for quality lab analysis to study/test horticultural products.
Organic products are cultivated by farmers under the central scheme 'Mission Organic Value Chain Development for the North Eastern Region'.
Uniindia.com explains how the scheme is aimed at promotion and production of certified organic commodities, focusing on export oriented crops – oranges from Tamenglong, lemons from Kachai (Ukhrul), pineapple, king chilli, ginger, turmeric as horti crops and chakhao (black aromatic rice) as an agri crop. The scheme covers a total area of 5,000 hectares: 2,000 hectares allotted to agri crops and 3,000
hectares to horti crops.
He further said the department is working on potato microtuber production at the Mao Potato Farm, in Senapati district.
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: