Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Moroccan citrus production expected to reach 2.4 million tons in 2017/18
Ahmed Derrab, Secretary General of the ASPAM (Association of citrus producers in Morocco), expects to see a slight 3% increase in volume over 2017-2018 due to new plantations coming into production. This figure proves how dynamic the sector has become over the last few years, but it still remains below the target volume as it only reaches 2.9 million tons over the last decade.
Export volume is expected to reach between 650,000 to 680,000 tons by the end of the season in June, this is also below expectations (1.3 million tons).
The Moroccan citrus sector covers almost 125,000 hectares and exports are mainly made to Russia, the EU and Canada.
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: