Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Construction project with 110 apartments
Ground-breaking ceremony for the first metropolitan branch of Lidl in GermanyDensely populated metropolitan areas, little space for housing and retail: Lidl meets these challenges with the new Lidl metropolis. On Wednesday, the first branch of this kind was launched in Germany at the ground-breaking ceremony with the Frankfurt Mayor Peter Feldmann in the Lyon district in Frankfurt. On this occasion, Lidl presented another showpiece project for sustainable location development: In Mainzer Landstraße in Frankfurt-Gallus, the grocer is planning a new construction project, together with the ABG Holding, with a Lidl branch and around 110 apartments.
From left to right: Stephan Zimmermann (Managing Director Lidl-Regionalgesellschaft Alzenau), Timo Brühmann (City Planning Office Frankfurt am Main), Detlef Franke (Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director of the Neues Niederrad location initiative), Dirk Brunner (Real Estate Manager of the Lidl-Regionalgesellschaft Alzenau), Stephan Luxem (Real Estate Manager of the Lidl Real Estate Offices Rhein-Main), Peter Feldmann (Lord Mayor of Frankfurt) and Frank Junker (Chairman of the Management Board of ABG Frankfurt Holding. Photo: "obs/lidl/terzo algeri"
"The two Frankfurt projects in the Lyon quarter and in Gallus show our high flexibility in store construction," explains Alexander Thurn, Real Estate Manager at Lidl Germany. "On the one hand, with the metropolitan branch, we have a blueprint for how we envision retailing in densely populated urban areas, and on the other, we are planning a residential development concept developed individually for this location." It is important for Lidl to optimally align its branches to the respective site conditions. This requires a high degree of individual planning and coordination with the authorities. "Even the metropolitan branch is therefore not a rigid concept; it can be adapted to the different location requirements," adds Dirk Brunner, real estate manager of the Lidl-Regionalgesellschaft Alzenau and responsible for the construction project in the Lyon district.
"The Lidl-Metropolfiliale is an interesting concept that can unite retail, residential construction and office space in a confined space," explains Mayor Feldmann. "We are delighted that, in Germany, Lidl is building the first of this type of branch in Frankfurt, and we have come to know Lidl as a reliable partner and will continue to work closely with the company in the future - for example, in residential construction."
Source: ots / lidl
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: