Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Consumption trends - JD 2018 Report on New Year consumption of fresh food
The JD Data Research Institute issued the "Global search for tastes, Chinese year of innovation--2018 report on New Year consumption of fresh food". JD data shows that the sales volume of fresh food in 2017 increased by more than 330% in comparison with 2016. The retail value increased by more than 240% in comparison with 2016.
Fresh shrimp was the product with the highest consumption value during Spring Festival 2018
As far as products during Spring Festival 2018 are concerned, consumers particularly enjoyed fresh food products as New Year's gifts. The sales of fresh food products increased explosively during the Spring Festival season. The retail value of fresh food sold during the Spring Festival period increased by 198.8% in comparison with the same period in 2017. The categories of fresh food with the highest retail value during Spring Festival season 2018 were seafood and aquatic products, fruit, and pork and mutton.
As far as areas during Spring Festival 2018 are concerned, the overall consumption level of fresh food in each area maintained a growth rate of more than 100% on average in comparison with the same period in 2017. There were preferences for different kinds of fresh food in different cities and areas. Fresh food consumption in typical coastal cities has local characteristics. The online purchase preferences for fresh food also varied.
The most welcomed imported fresh food products based on retail value during Spring Festival 2018 were, in order from high to low, Chilean cherries, Argentinian wild shrimp, Ecuadorian white shrimp, Vietnamese Red Heart dragon fruit, and Chilean handpicked blueberries. The provinces where fresh food consumption during Spring Festival 2018 increased the fastest in comparison with Spring Festival 2017 include Chongqing, Shaanxi, Liaoning, Fujian, and Hubei. Their retail value increased on average by more than 300% in comparison with the same period in 2017.
Publication date: 3/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: