Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Moroccan soft fruits sector turns over €263 millionAccording to data from the Regional Directorate of Agriculture of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima, the Moroccan soft fruits sector has experienced considerable growth since its introduction in the Loukkos region.
The perimeter of the Loukkos basin accounts for 80 percent of the national production of the small soft berries sector, which includes strawberry, raspberry and blueberry crops.
According to an article on moroccoworldnews.com, the soft fruits sector generates an estimated turnover of 3 billion dirhams (€263 million) and more than 6 million labour days per year, or 23 percent of agricultural employment in the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima region.
Furthermore, this sector has shown strong dynamics in exports, with a volume of 65 percent of the total production of strawberries, 90 percent of raspberries and 95 percent of blueberries.
The exports market includes a total of 30 recipient countries, namely 16 European Union countries, the Gulf countries, Australia, North Africa, and Latin America.
The majority of the objectives set under the 2014-2020 proposed program contract have been achieved, with an area dedicated to the cultivation of small soft berries in the Loukkos area, containing approximately twenty packaging units that cover 4,656 ha and exceeding 134,000 tons in overall production.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: