Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Moroccan soft fruits sector turns over €263 millionAccording to data from the Regional Directorate of Agriculture of Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima, the Moroccan soft fruits sector has experienced considerable growth since its introduction in the Loukkos region.
The perimeter of the Loukkos basin accounts for 80 percent of the national production of the small soft berries sector, which includes strawberry, raspberry and blueberry crops.
According to an article on moroccoworldnews.com, the soft fruits sector generates an estimated turnover of 3 billion dirhams (€263 million) and more than 6 million labour days per year, or 23 percent of agricultural employment in the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima region.
Furthermore, this sector has shown strong dynamics in exports, with a volume of 65 percent of the total production of strawberries, 90 percent of raspberries and 95 percent of blueberries.
The exports market includes a total of 30 recipient countries, namely 16 European Union countries, the Gulf countries, Australia, North Africa, and Latin America.
The majority of the objectives set under the 2014-2020 proposed program contract have been achieved, with an area dedicated to the cultivation of small soft berries in the Loukkos area, containing approximately twenty packaging units that cover 4,656 ha and exceeding 134,000 tons in overall production.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: