Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Gert-Jan Slobbe: "Average overall demand for fruit-vegetables"
Good quality, fair prices but lower yields of tomatoes and cucumbers from the CanariesThe Canary cucumber season at Fortuna Frutos is almost at an end. Gert-Jan Slobbe from this Dutch importer looks back on a moderate season. "Qualitatively, it was good, and prices were reasonable. Production was, however, lower this year due to the weather conditions."
The Barendrecht sales office will keep importing tomatoes for at least two-and-a-half more months. "Over the next ten weeks, we will still receive volumes from the Canary Islands. This has, however, been decreasing over the past few years. There will be top quality tomatoes until, at the latest, the third week in May", says Gert-Jan. "Here the situation is the same. The quality is good, the prices are fair, and production is somewhat lower. This week we experienced problems with delays at the Antwerp and Rotterdam terminals. This was due to the harsh weather from last week which caused congestion."
"Morocco and Spain had a lot of rain. We do not, as yet, have any local competition for the round tomatoes. Supply will, however, start in Holland in the coming weeks. Furthermore, I find that the general demand for fruit-vegetables has been very average for the whole line. Hopefully, this will change closer to Easter", concludes Gert-Jan.
For more information:
Tel: +31(0) 180 751 410
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: