Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Japan prepares to enjoy an apple a day with new JAZZ™ Apple AnniversaryJapanese apple lovers who enjoy an apple a day will be able to truly indulge themselves with Japan declaring 28 June as ‘JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary Day’.
The date was chosen as it marks the date when the first container-load of New Zealand-grown JAZZ™ apples arrived in the country seven years ago.
Since that time, the popularity of JAZZ™ apples has grown significantly to the point it is now the number one premium imported apple in Japan.
The lead-up to the special anniversary day will include a celebration at the New Zealand Embassy in Tokyo on 30 May hosted by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and T&G’s country manager for Japan, Mr. Tatsuya Kakemoto.
“Japanese apple lovers have really embraced JAZZ™ apples and we’re looking forward to sharing this special fruit with fans and introducing it to new consumers by the marking of this special anniversary day.”
The chairman of the Japan Anniversary Association, Mr. Kiyoshi Kase, will also be present at the celebration, at the New Zealand Embassy, to officially endorse 28 June as JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary Day.
On the anniversary day itself, and throughout July, JAZZ™ apple lovers can look forward to in-store promotions with retailers across the main cities of Japan including the chance to win prizes.
The JAZZ™ season in Japan runs from May until August during which time an estimated 50 JAZZ™ apples will be eaten every minute showing that people in Japan really do enjoy an apple a day.
For more information:
T&G Global Limited
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: