- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Japan prepares to enjoy an apple a day with new JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary
The date was chosen as it marks the date when the first container-load of New Zealand-grown JAZZ™ apples arrived in the country seven years ago.
Since that time, the popularity of JAZZ™ apples has grown significantly to the point it is now the number one premium imported apple in Japan.
The lead-up to the special anniversary day will include a celebration at the New Zealand Embassy in Tokyo on 30 May hosted by New Zealand Trade and Enterprise and T&G’s country manager for Japan, Mr. Tatsuya Kakemoto.
“Japanese apple lovers have really embraced JAZZ™ apples and we’re looking forward to sharing this special fruit with fans and introducing it to new consumers by the marking of this special anniversary day.”
The chairman of the Japan Anniversary Association, Mr. Kiyoshi Kase, will also be present at the celebration, at the New Zealand Embassy, to officially endorse 28 June as JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary Day.
On the anniversary day itself, and throughout July, JAZZ™ apple lovers can look forward to in-store promotions with retailers across the main cities of Japan including the chance to win prizes.
The JAZZ™ season in Japan runs from May until August during which time an estimated 50 JAZZ™ apples will be eaten every minute showing that people in Japan really do enjoy an apple a day.
For more information:
T&G Global Limited
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 03/30/2018 NZ: The healthy snack alternative getting the most out of kiwifruit crops
- 03/30/2018 Unitec Group opens a new branch: Unitec Asia Pacific
- 03/29/2018 "There is definitely a growing interest for heritage varieties,"
- 03/28/2018 Frost fan ROI calculator launches online
- 03/28/2018 Darling Group ready to start shipping New Zealand avocados to China
- 03/27/2018 AU: The time is right to move into the digital trading world
- 03/26/2018 AU: Sustainability and expansion milestones for Manbulloo
- 03/23/2018 NZ kiwano now shipping direct to US east coast
- 03/22/2018 It will be a challenge to avoid a supply gap
- 03/21/2018 Australian hazelnuts focus on export options
- 03/20/2018 NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- 03/19/2018 High volumes for Australian Modi™ Apple growers this season
- 03/16/2018 Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- 03/15/2018 AU: The new jumbo grape varieties taking on Japan
- 03/14/2018 Kiwfruit harvest kicks off after good kiwiberry and avocado seasons
- 03/13/2018 Japan prepares to enjoy an apple a day with new JAZZ™ Apple Anniversary
- 03/12/2018 "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- 03/09/2018 Variety specific apple juice to hit New Zealand's shelves
- 03/08/2018 Massive 950 gram pear picked in Victoria, Australia
- 03/07/2018 Australia: Foodbank and Perfection Fresh tackle food waste