Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Saudi Arabia to revoke ban on Egyptian strawberry & pepper importsDeputy Minister of Agriculture Safwat al-Haddad revealed that Egyptian and Saudi officials agreed Saudi Arabia will revoke the ban on the import of Egyptian strawberries and peppers in the next few days.
The Saudi decision will be announced within days, said the head of the Horticultural Export Development Association Mohsen al-Beltagy, describing the decision as a “success” by Agriculture Ministry officials and the Association.
In 2017, Saudi Arabia banned the import of various Egyptian crops, including strawberries, pepper, and guava, due to the high percentage of pesticide residue which are not up to international health and safety standards.
According to an article by egyptindependent.com, the agreement is the first step toward restoring the prominence of Egyptian agricultural exports in the Arab region, especially in Gulf countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: