Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Saudi Arabia to revoke ban on Egyptian strawberry & pepper importsDeputy Minister of Agriculture Safwat al-Haddad revealed that Egyptian and Saudi officials agreed Saudi Arabia will revoke the ban on the import of Egyptian strawberries and peppers in the next few days.
The Saudi decision will be announced within days, said the head of the Horticultural Export Development Association Mohsen al-Beltagy, describing the decision as a “success” by Agriculture Ministry officials and the Association.
In 2017, Saudi Arabia banned the import of various Egyptian crops, including strawberries, pepper, and guava, due to the high percentage of pesticide residue which are not up to international health and safety standards.
According to an article by egyptindependent.com, the agreement is the first step toward restoring the prominence of Egyptian agricultural exports in the Arab region, especially in Gulf countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Bahrain.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: