Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Loquats are in season in eastern TaiwanCurrently, the loquat is in season in Beinan Township in Taitung County of eastern Taiwan. The Taitung Area Farmers’ Association are holding a loquat festival at Yuan Sen Applied Botanical Garden in Beinan on March 10 and 11 to promote the fruit.
Beinan Township has the largest area of loquat farms in Taitung County, and this year the crop gave an abundant yield with the fruit being big, fragrant and sweet, according to taiwannews.com.tw.
Yang Chao-hsin, the Taitung Area Farmers’ Association chairman who has grown loquat for many years, said that as a result of no typhoons hitting the county last year, the loquat yield in the Chulu area increased by 30% compared with the previous year. This year's loquat fruit contains the sweetness equivalent of 13% sucrose, and the fruit size is 15% bigger compared with the year before.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: