Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Loquats are in season in eastern TaiwanCurrently, the loquat is in season in Beinan Township in Taitung County of eastern Taiwan. The Taitung Area Farmers’ Association are holding a loquat festival at Yuan Sen Applied Botanical Garden in Beinan on March 10 and 11 to promote the fruit.
Beinan Township has the largest area of loquat farms in Taitung County, and this year the crop gave an abundant yield with the fruit being big, fragrant and sweet, according to taiwannews.com.tw.
Yang Chao-hsin, the Taitung Area Farmers’ Association chairman who has grown loquat for many years, said that as a result of no typhoons hitting the county last year, the loquat yield in the Chulu area increased by 30% compared with the previous year. This year's loquat fruit contains the sweetness equivalent of 13% sucrose, and the fruit size is 15% bigger compared with the year before.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: