Job offersmore »
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
French retailer scales up
Comptoirs de la Bio to open 35 stores
The French organic supermarket chain Comptoirs de la Bio already has 141 stores located in France, Belgium and Portugal. This semester the retailer wants to open another 35 establishments to speed up their growth rate. In the next semester, 40 more establishments should follow. Within three years Comptoirs de la Bio hopes to have a total of 400 stores to welcome their growing number of customers.
Last year the French market for organic products increased by 20,9%. The total turnover within the sector was €7 billion. For 2018 it is expected that this will increase to €8 billion. Comptoirs de la Bio hopes to profit from the growing popularity of organic food. In 2017 the retailer had a turnover of €330 million and in 2018, it wants to realize a turnover of €500 million.
Comptoirs de la Bio, which was founded in 2012, wants to make organic products available for as many people as possible.
Publication date: 3/9/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: